Whereas it is expedient to draft a detailed constitution in accordance with the broad features of the declaration made on July 28, 1999 at Srinagar to form J&K People’s Democratic Party for,
- Democratic participation in the affairs of the State of Jammu and Kashmir for strengthening the democratic institutions through constitutional means.
- Strengthening religions brotherhood, inter-communal and inter-religion friendship co-operation and solidarity.
- Balance growth of the three regions of the state.
- Economic, political and social justice for all the sections of society particularly the down trodden and the backward classes.
- Empowerment of women and other weaker sections of the society.
- Protection of the Geographical and Cultural environment of the State and
- Promotion of liberal values and spirit of tolerance and protection of human rights.